These doughnuts are light and fluffy and delicious. They are seriously the best homemade doughnuts I have ever had! The rich buttermilk and flavorful vanilla paste make these doughnuts somewhat magical…and that’s even before you add the marbled icing. Doughnuts Recipe
- 2 eggs Refrigerated
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cup cake flour
- 1 cup teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cup butter melted
- 2/3 CUP sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla paste (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a Doughnut Pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla pasta.
- On a low speed, add dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Place batter into a large piping bag.
- Pipe batter so that each doughnut mold is 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Place doughnuts on wire rack to cool.
for the icing
- Put powdered sugar in a bowl.
- Whisk in milk and vanilla.
for the decoration:
- Once doughnuts are cool take them out of the pan and place on a wire rack.
- Place about 3 tablespoons of icing into a small bowl.
- Use toothpicks to place small splotches of food coloring all over the surface of the icing.
- Pour icing all over the doughnuts.
- Repeat for all the doughnuts
You can see the full Recipe here